Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'll Eat Dodge Ball for Breakfast


So it’s been awhile since I’ve blogged, and for those of you who read this I apologize. I’ve been really busy since I’ve been back in New York and haven’t found the time to type about my day/experiences.

I’ll start with my new found/old but starting again hobbies:

1. Kickboxing. They put a kickboxing gym in down the street from my house, and one day I was walking by and I stopped and looked in the window. I then proceeded to keep walking, only to find myself turned around and walking back. I then looked through the window again and by this time the receptionist knew she had a deal in the making. She came outside to greet me and tell me about the studio. I thanked her and walked away. Two days later, I found myself back in the studio purchasing 15 weeks of classes. Wow, didn’t see that coming, but it’s a lot of fun, and a pretty good workout. You can never argue this point: “The best investment a person can make is in their body”.

2. Sailing. I’m joining a NYC sailing club tonight. I’m going in front of the board after work to give a short presentation/speech as to why I want to join. Hopefully they’ll let me in. I have no doubt that they will, I’m a good sailor, and it’s what I like to do. No, scratch that…it’s what I love to do. Plus, it’ll be a great way to make new friends.

3. Dodge ball. Last night I went to the New York City Dodge Ball Championships and it was AWEOSME! I had so much fun. I tried to sign up/join, but the season is over and doesn’t start up again until September, but you can bet in September I’ll be there! It’s exactly like the movie, only better!!!

1 comment:

Matt and Jenae Bingham said...

I'm glad you found a sailing club to join! They'd be crazy not to let you in. How fun!