Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bye Sam!



My roommate, Sam, moved to Portugal yesterday for the summer. Sam will be gone until August 25, 2008 and I’ll have to live all by myself. For most people it’s a dream come true, for me it’s boring beyond belief. I don’t like having to live without my friend!

In other news…I went on a sailing trip this past weekend, it was awesome. We started out in Stamford Connecticut and wrapped our way down the sound into the East River and through Manhattan. I got to go under all the bridges (one of my favorite things to do) including the Brooklyn Bridge. Sadly, none of them compare to the beauty of going under the Golden Gate Bridge, which I find one of the most amazing experiences in life. Everyone should do it at least once. However, the Manhattan skyline totally beats any other sky line I’ve ever seen from the water including Vancouver, but I may be biased because I have a love for New York like no other city in the world.

After sailing down the East River we came out of the mouth to the Statue of Liberty, which is amazing. Every time I see it, I always think about what it meant to all of the immigrants. The sight of the statue of liberty was a sign of hope, new beginnings, a fresh start, and most importantly freedom. It’s too bad it’s now just a landmark. But nevertheless it’s still amazing. We ended our sail off the coast of New Jersey where we camped on the boats for two nights and drank several bottles of God knows what…anything we could get out hands on. haha. On Monday we did the trip in reverse.

What an awesome weekend. Well deserved, and lots of fun!

No comments: