Thursday, May 15, 2008

Egypt is nothing short of mouth watering delight!


Alright, so you’re weird, I get it. I’ve always gotten it, I think that’s why we’re friends.

Talking about Egyptians, I live in a Middle Eastern Neighborhood. The locals call it either Little Morocco, or Little Egypt. All I know is that the streets are lined with Hookah bars, even the coffee shops have people smoking Hookah at 8:00 in the morning.

All the grocery stores, the liquor stores and even the laundry mat have cute little ladies with surreys on. My favorite is the lady at the laundry mat, I wave to her ever time I walk by. She’s Awesome, I really like her.

Anyways…I live in an amazing restaurant area, the only problem is they’re all ethnic, so most people won’t like them. But if you’ve got good taste, and love food, there is no better place to live in all of New York.

There is this tiny little restaurant on the reverse side of my building (if I sneak through the alley way (where we put our trash) and through a whole in the fence and through the alley way on the other side of the building I exit next to this amazing restaurant.. Its called the Kebab Café, and it’s probably has the best damn food in the world. Seriously, and even better it’s really cheap. Its $7 for a Kebab steak sandwich (well Pita) filled with really good grilled vegetables, sauces, and other unrecognizable Egyptian garnishes. I can’t believe how good it is. I’m slightly stunned to tell the truth. After talking about it so much, I come to find out its a world famous restaurant. Ranked top ten by the travel channel. Its nothing more than a whole in the wall place that has two tables, but It’s as good, if not better than every other restaurant in all the world.